The CP Propellers are manufactured from 1000 mm to 5000 mm in diameter. They are delivered with 3, 4 or 5 blades. The propeller hub and blades are manufactured in Ni.Al.-bronze. They can also be delivered in Stainless steel. The hydrodynamic blade design calculations are based on detailed analysis in computers together with Finnøy’s long experience.
The propeller shaft is hollow bored and made of carbon steel or stainless steel. The pitch is adjusted by the push – pull rod. It transfers the axial force from the servo piston in the gearbox to the pitch setting mechanism in the propeller hub. The propeller hubs, type P26 to P48, are grease lubricated and from P39 to P125 are oil lubricated.
The stern tube is delivered complete with bearings, sealing boxes and a gravity tank for stern tube oil. The stern tube can be delivered suitable for either oil or water lubrication. The sealing boxes are Finnøy’s own design, but other types can also be supplied. The propeller shaft flange is a split type for the smaller shafts and an oil shrink type for the larger shafts.
Benefits of controllable pitch propellers compared to fixed pitch propellers:
- Secure and precise manoeuvrability
- An increase in the average speed
- Stern tube wear is reduced
- A constant speed at engine is possible
- Easy replacement of spare blades
- Engine wear is minimized
- Reduced fuel costs
- Dynamic position of vessel possible
- Stepless speed control of the ship
- Load control of engine is possible
- Full power available under all conditions
- The propeller can be designed for free running and towing
More info at http://www.finnoygear.no/Go back